There’s many accountants out there, but, what makes one of them the right fit for you. We ask the same back – there’s plenty of clients out there too – so we want to make sure that you’re a good fit with our mindset and beliefs.
We need to have the same shared beliefs and values in order to really partner and add value. Why? Because if we aren’t on the same page, it’s hard to build trust. We might be talking about some fairly non-compliance type items like structures, accounting packages, governance, or strategic planning… or even estate planning. We need to be able to speak honestly to be effective.
What we look for are:
- People who want more than compliance – who want advice, who want to know help is there.
- People who aren’t adverse to change and are willing to take on advice. If you don’t like what we say – feel free to tell us back. That’s communication and comfort… and dare we say mutual trust building?
- People who aren’t afraid to have their advisors come to them (coffee, white, no sugar please!)
- People who are willing to pay a fair fee. We’re not here to argue over fees and split pennies (that makes it hard to advise). We are transparent up-front with our billing arrangements so we all know what we’re getting in for.
- Most importantly – people who aren’t afraid to have a bit of fun.
Doesn’t sound like your typical accounting arrangement. We don’t want the highlight of your year to be told you’re getting a tax refund for something that could have been lodged 9 months ago. We want to work with you, in real time, to make sure you’re aware of your current situation and can take the best advantage of that.